Clarke Art provides an engaging programme of Art History & Appreciation lectures and visual presentations based on the leaving cert curriculum. Lectures take place in Clarke Art on Mondays from 7:30pm-8:30pm in two 15-class terms.
Term 1 starts on September 3rd 2018 and finishes on December 17th. Term 2 commences on January 7th 2019 and finishes on May 20th. One or both terms can be booked by contacting Angela on 087 26381896 or by email @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
The fee is €150 for each 15-class term.
Term 1 (Sept-Dec) – Contents
Early Irish Art
- The Stone Age
- The Bronze Age
- The Iron Age
- Christianity in Ireland
- Christianity Metalwork
- Illuminated Manuscripts
- The High Cross
Art & Design Appreciation
- Gallery/Museum visit question
- Descriptions of artworks
- Descriptions of films
- Descriptions of architecture
- Descriptions of sculpture
- Descriptions of product design
- Descriptions of graphic design
- Descriptions of interior design
Term 2 (Jan-May) – Contents
- Trecento Architecture & Painting
- Quattrocento Architecture & Painting
- Quattrocento Relief Carving & Sculpture
- The High Rennaissance
- The Rennaissance in Venice
- The Northern Rennaissance
- Mannerism, Baroque and Rococco
- Neo-Classical Painting
- Academic Art and the Salons
- Abstract Art
- The Dada Movement
- Pop Art
You can secure a place on the course now with a payment by clicking one of the links below.
Art History Term 1
Art History Class – Term 1. September 3rd-December 17th 2018. Payment for 15 x 1 hour classes. Please include the name of the student with your booking.
Art History Term 2
Art History Class – Term 2. January 7th-May 20th 2019. Payment for 15 x 1 hour classes. Please include the name of the student with your booking.